The Y knows that bringing about positive changes starts with bringing the right people to the table. By being part of the Y family, you help move people and communities forward, delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security for all those who seek it.
Looking for a job that is committed to supporting kids, families and adults as they reach their full potential? At the Y, we are continually seeking out opportunities for our staff to learn, grow and thrive! Join us in the amazing work we get to do in our community. Explore job opportunities and learn more about what it means to be a team member at the Y.
Lifeguards: Flexible. Schedule may include early mornings, daytime hours, and evenings. Lifeguard certificate required. Certification offered at the YMCA.
Swim Instructors: Weekday afternoon and evening positions available. Experience is helpful but not necessary. Y will provide training.
Red Wing YMCA Sunshine Corner Preschool Teacher Opening
We are looking for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education.
Responsibilities include developing a Curriculum that fosters the social, physical, emotional and intellectual growth of preschool age children from all socioeconomic backgrounds. This is a team-teaching position. Two year Early Childhood or Elementary Education degree required.
Get your Application at the Red Wing YMCA or by Email
Group Fitness Instructors:
The Group Fitness Instructor instructs quality group fitness classes, provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Lead quality group fitness classes, as directed by the Healthy Living Director, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness industry and YMCA trends to provide effective information and training to members.
- Keep accurate class attendance records.
- Be able to respond and follow YMCA policies and procedures in emergency situations.
- Quality Results
Functional Requirements Qualifications
- Required Certifications: CPR, AED,
- CPR/AED + First Aid Training are provided by the Red Wing YMCA at no cost to hired employees
- National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Certification are preferred
- A preferred certification in areas of expertise; i.e. Les Mills (Cardio, Strength, Yoga, Cycle, Mat Pilates, Dance, Senior Fitness, etc.)
- Attend and successfully complete within 90 days of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
- Preferred 1 year of experience teaching group fitness classes
- Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness.
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time
The Personal Trainer follows the Health and Fitness guidelines of the Red Wing Family YMCA and is responsible for planning and leading a range of individualized or group exercise/activity sessions for clients in a fitness specialty area. The incumbent performs a variety of fitness programs that are both educational and motivational. The incumbent provides customer service which promotes member wellness in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures and creates a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment.
- Develop, implement and instruct a variety of personal training and group training sessions for clients. Provide encouragement and expertise for the client in support of their health and well-being goals.
- Administer, track and evaluate health history questionnaires, fitness assessments and other pre-participation documentation with regard to individual exercise programs.
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations as outlined in the YMCA Healthy Living Staff Manual which includes but is not limited to providing safe classes and sessions and responding to and reporting any accidents or incidents.
- Promote and sell personal training programs and services while achieving monthly revenue and session goals.
- Maintain required CEC’s and national certifications.
- Follow Fitness Floor expectations when not scheduled for personal training, group training or performing a wellness consultation.
This position reports to the Personal Training Coordinator and the Director of Healthy Living. The incumbent works closely with clients and members as well as Member Services and building/maintenance staff.
- NCCA-accredited and/or nationally recognized Personal Training Certification such as the National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), or National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), WaterArt ® Aquatic Personal Training Specialist Certification, or other approved and accredited certifications.
- Additional Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED + First Aid.
- These are provided by the Red Wing Family YMCA at no cost.
- Formal training in the specialty class being taught and/or ability to demonstrate the movements and exercises.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an individual/group and motivate others to achieve their health and well-being goals.
- Demonstrated ability working with all age groups and ability levels.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field.
- 1 year experience in the health and fitness field.
- 1 year experience Personal Training and Group Training. Competencies:
- Quality Results
Functional Expertise Work Conditions:
- Ability to lead assigned classes and sessions, demonstrating exercise techniques and perform associated physical activities.
- Ability to stand and be mobile majority of work shift.
- Stretch, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs and move heavy equipment on a daily basis.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in the event of an emergency
Wellness Center Staff
The Fitness Center Staff is responsible for providing customer service to members in the fitness center and follows the Red Wing Family YMCA's Health and Fitness guidelines. The incumbent creates a safe, enjoyable, and positive atmosphere that promotes member wellness in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures.
- Provide quality programs that meet the needs of the community and members.
- Participate in instructing various programs, which may include Adult Fitness Consultation, FitStart, Exercise Equipment Orientations, Fitlinxx Orientations, and Youth Fitness Orientations.
- Communicate and enforce policies and guidelines for the equipment area along with keeping this area safe, clean, and functional.
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations as outlined in the YMCA Fitness Center Staff Manual.
- Encourage members to participate in health and fitness programs such as personal training, specialty classes, group exercise classes etc.
- Education and/or experience related to fitness, exercise physiology, or health and wellness
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR/First Aid/AED and Oxygen
- Attend and successfully complete within 3 months of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Attend and successfully complete within 6 months of hire: Foundations of YMCA Strength and Conditioning; and YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all age groups and ability levels
- An interest Health/Exercise Science or related field
- Ability to understand member needs and communicate the benefits of participating in health and wellness programs
- Perform all aspects of the position, including but not limited to walking, standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching, and lifting
Trail Director: Packs out and directs cabin overnight trips. Guides some of the river trips. Works the Rock Climbing specialty camp. Supports the leadership team.
Cook: Needed May 1 - 31, cooking experience in commercial kitchen preferred. On site housing and meals included in compensation.
Youth Engagement Coordinator: Seeking energetic and responsible staff to work with and engage with youth who use the YMCA for extended periods of time after school and on the weekend. Must be a creative individual willing to take initiative and work outside of the box.
Membership Service Staff: The Member Service Staff is part of a team responsible for the overall delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants. The incumbent is responsible for the sale of memberships, responding to member and guest needs, promoting programs, and maintaining cleanliness and organization at the Membership Desk.
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
Custodian: Part-time Evenings after closing (currently closing is M-TH 10 p.m. & Friday 8 p.m.) and
Saturday & Sunday after closing (currently closing is 5:00 p.m.)
3 - 4 hours each day with the potential to increase. Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the areas assigned. The incumbent is accountable for the completion of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. Duties may include, but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, window washing, and other general cleaning responsibilities.
Annual Campaign Volunteers
Coaches: Choose one or more: baseball, softball, flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, or floor hockey