What is the LIVESTRONG program all about?
The Red Wing Family YMCA proudly participates in the LIVESTRONG program. LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a small-group program that assists those living with, through or beyond cancer to strengthen spirit, body and mind. We create a welcoming community in which survivors can improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their quality of life. Nationally, this program has served more than 60,000 cancer survivors in more than 735 communities. This program is open to adults 18 years of age and older at low or no cost.
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Small group, supportive environment
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
- Held in YMCA Wellness Center
- Evaluation includes Functional and Quality of Life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified Instructors
- Requires a referral and medical clearance from a physician
Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
Interested in learning more about the program or do you want to sign up for the next session?