What is Safety Around Water?
This one week class will focus on safety around water and drowning prevention skills for ages 3 and up.
- Submerging face (this helps them to remain calm when submersion happens)
- Swim, float, swim (this allows them to move themselves and take breaks for longer distances when tired)
- Jump, push, turn, grab (this teaches them to return to the wall or boat when they fall in the water unexpectedly)
- Other topics like
- Reach, Throw, Don't Go
- Calling 911
- Backyard Pool Safety
- Life Jackets & Boating Safety
What is the difference between beginner and advanced?
Beginner participants focus on such skills as:
- Submerging their face
- Front glide
- Exiting the water
- Jumping in independently
Advanced participants focus on such skills as:
- Submerging (bobbing)
- Back float
- Jump, Push, Turn, Grab
- And other basic front and back swimming
When are sessions offered?
Stay tuned for upcoming dates & times!