Child Care Goals & Curriculum
Children develop communication, reasoning and problem-solving skills through play, interaction with other children and exploration of their environment. The YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are at the core of all programs and activities.
Our Child Care program:
- Stimulates your child physically, emotionally, developmentally and socially
- Prepares your child for school success
- Encourages your child to develop language skills to problem-solve and communicate
- Offers responsible, caring, well-trained adult staff that provides the best care for your child
- Offers excellent child-to-adult ratios for individualized attention, of a ratio of 1:10.
- Provides nutritious snacks to provide each child with energy for a successful day
- Provides a safe and warm atmosphere that meets individual needs
Peach Tree Child Care is a four star Parent Aware rated program-the highest rating offered. Our goal is to provide well-rounded experiences that nurture and enhance your child’s development and skills to help prepare for kindergarten.
Purposeful and educational activities are designed to:
- Stimulate critical thinking skills
- Develop creativity
- Enhance learning
- Develop language skills
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Develop communication effectiveness
Your child’s learning experience is enhanced with enrichment activities that are included in your child care tuition.
- Kid's Fitness activities in the gym with fun games and outside time at the park will develop great strength and balance.
- Rock and Read at the Red Wing Public Library during the school year is a great time to being more literacy into our program.
- Swimming fun twice a week introduces children to a safe aquatic environment where fun games help them to become comfortable in and around water.
- Swim lesson options are available [$$]
- S.M.A.R.T circuit course is a brain development activity children do weekly to help them build strong connections to literacy.
Healthy meals and snacks are the cornerstone of your child’s learning throughout the day. Morning and afternoon snacks are included with your tuition. We request you pack a healthy lunch for your child each day. During the summer months, we do participate in the Summer Free Lunch program.
Physical activity is an important part of every day at the Y. Large motor skills are developed through daily active play. Your child’s physical skills are individually strengthened through the use of the Y’s extensive facilities—including play areas, gyms, pools outside parks and more.
Nap and Rest Time
With loads of activity and learning, kids need time to recharge. Rest time is scheduled daily in a calming environment with caring supervision.
Preschool Option at Sunshine Corner
Because we are located within the Red Wing Family YMCA, it makes it convenient for our young learners to get involved in our in-house preschool program! Peach Tree is connected by a doorway to Sunshine Corner, our in-house preschool program. This is an option for our young learners to participate in for an additional fee.