A Camp for Everyone
In keeping with the mission and vision of the Red Wing Family YMCA, YMCA Camp Pepin strives to provide a safe, natural setting with modern facilities where individuals can develop an awareness and appreciation of themselves, each other, and the environment through hands-on learning sessions, cooperative exercises, recreational activities, and small-group living situations.
We are dedicated to growth in spirit, mind, and body, in an outdoor setting and safe environment. We are committed to developing core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility for daily living. Explore and grow through a strong tradition of quality programming and fun -- and make life-long friends in the process.
Goals and Objectives
Camp Pepin aims to offer an unparalleled sense of community in which all participants (campers AND staff), regardless of ability, culture, gender, race, religion, or background, are valued and active members. Through a variety of activities, participants are empowered to contribute to a shared community and experience the benefits inherent in a society based on collaboration, respect, and responsibility. Camp Pepin programs prepare their campers for the future by introducing and fostering the skills needed to be healthy contributing citizens of the world.
In order to achieve our vision of developing a lasting sense of community and fostering the skills necessary to positively contribute to society, Camp Pepin:
- Creates a safe and welcoming environment where campers feel comfortable stepping outside their comfort zones and trying new things.
- Provides enriching activities and programs taught by passionate and educated instructors.
- Offers varied levels of opportunities for leadership, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Inspires artistic exploration and creative expression.
- Helps campers recognize the importance of the natural world.
- Promotes the development of self-confidence and self-respect.
- Celebrates and educates about a variety of cultures from around the world.
- Encourages the development of healthy habits in daily life.
- Fosters the growth of social skills and collaboration in small and large group settings.
- Ensures that campers are having fun, enjoying the activities, and are entertained!